OUR VISION FOR THE FUTURE
What is Catholic Liberal Education?
Students will be provided a scholarly education where they
will be fully immersed in our Catholic faith.
Catholic Liberal Education
emphasizes forming human beings with
the wisdom to know the truth as well as
the virtue to understand how to live by this truth.
Lessons will no longer be test driven.
Instead, students will experience teacher directed instruction
that strives for mastery of the content.
Why Catholic Liberal Education?
With a track record if 2,500 years, Catholic liberal education
keeps Christ at the center of all things
and has proven to be the gold-standard of education.
Teaching core subjects with the goal of building
our students' foundation of knowledge while inspiring
a lifelong love of learning, enables students to explore
the meaning and purpose of all created things.
What to Expect
Videos to Watch
What is Catholic Liberal Education and what are the benefits to making such a transition? Please watch these list of videos that go in depth on this topic:
- What is Catholic Liberal Education? Promo video from the Institute for Catholic Liberal Education.
- Michael Ortner - From Greeks to Geeks: The Classical Liberal Arts as the Best Foundation for STEM
- The Holy See’s Teaching on Catholic Schools
An interview with Archbishop J. Michael Miller, CSB – Archbishop of Vancouver
- The Renewal of Catholic Education:
How the Recovery of the Church’s Intellectual Tradition is Transforming Schools
Elisabeth Sullivan – Executive Director, ICLE
- Catholic Education: A View from the USCCB
Mary Pat Donoghue – Executive Director, Secretariat of Catholic Education, USCCB
- Parent Panel
Moderator: Chris Weir – Vice President, ICLE
- Teacher Panel
Moderator: Colleen Richards – Director of School Services, ICLE
- School Leader Panel
Moderator: Danny Flynn – Principal, St. Jerome Academy
- More in depth presentation on Catholic Classical Liberal Arts to the National Catholic Education Association.
Stories of other schools who have made this transition.