2014-15 Registration Forms
2014-15 Tuition Rates
|3 year old class (Tues./Thurs.)
8:35 – 11:30
|4 year old class (Mon./Wed./Fri.)
8:35 – 11:30
|4 year old class (Mon – Thurs)
12:25 – 3:25
Actual Cost to educate one student = $6,200
|Second Student in family||$7,212/year|
|Third student in family||$9,438/year|
**In-Parish rate is available to members of Our Lady Star of the Sea and Holy Trinity (see below) and local Military Chapels who meet the “Active Parishioner” status expectations:
- The family regularly participates in Sunday and Holy Day Masses and other liturgical celebrations. This is confirmed by your deposit of your Sacrificial Giving envelope in the weekly collection basket at Mass. If you are unable to give monetary tithing, we ask that you place your envelope in the basket anyway. Tithing is monitored throughout the year.
- Each family MUST complete Stewardship Pledge cards (Fall) and Annual Catholic Appeal cards (Spring).
- Child/ren in the family are enrolled in sacramental preparation (i.e. First Reconciliation and First Eucharist) and participate in parish programs such as Altar Servers and Youth Group.
- Parents receive the sacraments on a regular basis and participate in at least 6 hours of adult religious formation activities per year.
- The family volunteers in other parish ministries (Legion of Mary, Young Adults, Altar Society, Knights of Columbus, etc.).
- Families of Holy Trinity must have received tuition assistance through Holy Trinity’s yearly (Feb.) application process in order to qualify for In-Parish Tuition.
K-8 Non-Parish Tuition
|Second student in family||$9,705/year|
|Third student in family||$13,576/year|
Other fees are collected throughout the year, such as hot lunch and milk fees, field trip fees, and sixth grade environmental camp.
Scholarships to Our Lady Star of the Sea School are provided by the Fulcrum Foundation and by Our Lady Star of the Sea Parish. Applications for Fulcrum scholarships are available after Christmas and due in the School office by mid-January. Fulcrum scholarships are based on family size, assets, number of children, and annual income. Applicants need not belong to a specific parish or even to the Catholic Church to qualify. A copy of the prior year’s income tax return must be submitted with each Fulcrum application. Applicants qualifying for a Fulcrum scholarship are notified by mid April.
Star scholarships are awarded only to registered, active, and participating families who belong to Our Lady Star of the Sea Parish. A family must first apply for a Fulcrum scholarship in order to be considered for a Star scholarship. Applicants for Star scholarships must submit their letters to Father Lappe by June 1. Some families receive scholarships from both the Fulcrum Foundation and Our Lady Star of the Sea Parish.
Tuition Worksheet for 2014-15 (Download)
Kindergarten – 8th grade
$___________ $100 per child; Non-refundable registration fee
($50 if paid by February 10, 2014)
|$ 5,508||Non-Parish rate – first student|
|$ 9,750||Non-Parish rate – two students (same family)|
|$13,576||Non-Parish rate – three or more students (same family)|
|$ 4,452||In-Parish**single student rate|
|$ 7,212||In-Parish**two student rate|
|$ 9,438||In-Parish**three or more student rate|
** In Parish rate is also available to members of Holy Trinity who have received tuition assistance through their yearly application process.
|$_________||$150 per child; Non-refundable Book/Supply/Technology/Class Auction Fee $160 per child in 6th, 7th and 8th grade|
|+$_________||Tuition Owed (refer to options above)|
|+$_________||Preschool Tuition (if applicable) $1300/yr. PreK3; $1900/yr. AM-PreK4-MWF; $2400/yr. PM-PreK4-MTWTh|
|– $_________||Deduct $100 for Auction participation.
|– $_________||Deduct $150 if you purchase SCRIP to generate at least $150 in revenue for the school over the course of the year.|
|- $_________||(5% discount if paid in full prior to 8/15/2014)|
NOTE: Service Hour Requirement: 50 volunteer hours per year per family (25 hrs. single parent). $20 per hour will be assessed on June 12, 2015 for unfulfilled service hours.