Mrs. Christine Williamson
Mrs. W. is a 1992 graduate of the University of Windsor (Ontario). In addition, she is certified as a Child Development Associate, PK-5 years. A Navy wife, she is the parent of two teenagers. Over the years, she has worked as a preschool teacher, an English teacher, a Director of Religious Education, and a substitute teacher. She loves to spend time with her family, walk her dog, photography, reading and gardening when not at school enjoying every minute guiding the Preschool children to also love school.
About Our “Little Stars” Preschool
The three-year-olds meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:35-11:30; the four-year-old morning class meets on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8:35-11:30. The four year old afternoon class meets on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursdays from 12:25 – 3:25.
You can follow our “Little Stars” daily doings on Twitter olsospk.
It is an age-appropriate, developmental program that closely follows nationally recognized guidelines set by the National Association for the Development of Young Children. The Catholic faith is integrated into the program whenever possible. Our overall goal is to provide a solid foundation for all aspects to prepare the child for a great kindergarten experience – spiritually, socially, and intellectually.
A mixture of Developmental and Academic curriculum is carefully planned in the preschool classrooms, using the best available knowledge of child growth and development. Children learn best when actively participating in manipulating materials, experimenting, exploring, and initiating their own activities. Children will build their own self-esteem and develop social skills while they are learning how to think and how to learn. Helping the child to become an “active” thinker leads to increased understanding and mental growth. Each child is at a different level and have their own interests. These skills grow in this positive environment. Working directly with the Kindergarten teacher, Kindergarten readiness is our goal.
- Religion: Preschool children are very open to discovering God and His loving presence in every aspect of their lives. The “Little Saints” program will introduce preschoolers to the liturgical year and other age-appropriate Catholic teachings and traditions. Visits to the church will be scheduled.
- Language arts: Your child’s interest in the spoken and written language will be maximized through daily activities including stories, finger plays, and use of academic and developmental curriculum. Alphabet recognition-letter sounds, beginning reading are introduced. In addition, Open Court Curriculum is taught to the four year old class.
- Pre-math and science readiness: Preschoolers will experience the meaning of numbers, patterns, and graphs during circle time, center activities, and math activities. Nursury Rhyme Science Projects will be introduced to the four year old class.
- Arts and crafts: Open-ended art will allow children to explore with tools and materials in a variety of ways.
- Music: Children will have the opportunity to dance, practice new songs, and learn about rhythm. They will play simple instruments.
- Large and small motor skills: Daily group activities, outdoor activities, and play-time allow for large and small motor growth. Continuous changing manipulatives table greatly promote small motor growth.